Hope

Hope is like a seed planted in the ground. At first, it’s just a small but if we nurture that seed with care, giving it sunlight, water, and love, something amazing happens—it starts to grow. Hope is a lot like that seed. It’s the belief that good things can come even when things seem tough.

Hope sits within the Positive Emotions arm of our PERMA model and our BHPS definition of hope is; “I look forward to the future and believe that good things will happen.” Hope, in the case of remembering the ANZACs belongs within the Meaning arm of our PERMA; “I use the character strengths of positive role models” and ” I recognise that I am part of a school and wider community.”

Now, let’s journey to a time long ago, during World War I. Imagine brave soldiers from Australia and New Zealand, far away from their homes, working to protect their countries. They faced challenges and hardships every day, yet they held onto something powerful—hope. They hoped for peace, for their loved ones to be safe, and for a better tomorrow.

ANZAC Day is a special day when we remember these brave soldiers and all the things they stood for—courage, mateship, and, yes, hope. On this day, people gather to pay tribute to their sacrifices and to celebrate the enduring spirit of hope that they carried with them.

You might wonder, “How can I embrace hope in my own life?” Well, here are a few magical ways:

1. Believe in Yourself: Just like those soldiers believed in their cause, believe in your dreams and abilities. You can achieve amazing things!
  2. Stay Positive: Even when things seem tough, try to find the silver lining. There’s always something good to be found.
  3. Help Others: Acts of kindness and support can spark hope in someone else’s heart. Be a beacon of light for others.

As we celebrate ANZAC Day and reflect on the strength of hope, let’s remember that even in the darkest of times, a tiny seed of hope can grow into something extraordinary.

Never Lose Hope

My Grandad Marches on Anzac Day

A Short Film of Hope (8 mins)

ANZAC Ted